Sunday, October 31, 2010

Regular domains beat smut sites at hosting malware

Who knew? I have long joked with people whose PC's get infected by malware to stop browsing pr0n with Windows and/or IE. Apparently, I shouldn't have been so quick to blame the skin trade.

In my own personal experience, there has only been one time recently that malware tried to get me to install it via the browser. There was a time when I had IE 7 open with just one tab with Facebook loaded. It was one of the now infamous "Your PC may be infected by a virus..." pop ups. It was likely through a cross script injection, which is possible through the many many bugs in the FB code (reason #2 of many to be glad I deleted the damn account). So now, when friends complain that their PC's have gotten p0wned I'm going to recommend a more secure browser, not different sites ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home